Sunday, February 3, 2008

My bag

This is the bag I made for myself, And I really shouldn't have done it while I was 39 weeks pregnant. I cut the pieces for the main outside parts of the bag, (you know the most expensive fabric you buy for the showy part) an opened it up and realized I put the fold on the wrong side so I had these two pieces that had handles coming up the middle not the side like you see. So I put one side down and tried to figure out how to fix this. It was actually not that hard to fit other pieces to it to make it work , so I was then looking around for a piece of fabric in the red to cut out a new handle piece and found this nice big bit that i thought id over looked, I was so happy. ( I actually thought I was cleaver ) So I cut the piece I needed and went to do the other side and realized that I had cut up the other side of the bag, what an idiot!!! so as the picture shows some how I managed to piece together cut offs to make this bag, it doesn't look too bad but at $22 a metre I wasn't gonna let this bag get the better of me. Ha!

No comments: