Saturday, September 18, 2010

Crepe Maker? No! Pancakes!


So my mum wanted crepes one day when she was up visiting, and so what my mother wants she finds a way to get. She bought this crepe maker from our grocery store. That night we made crepes....and by the way htey wernt too hard to do. We filled them with a creamy chickeny mushroom mix we made up and enjoyed ourselves. The next morning my mother was gone but the crepe maker was obviously going to clutter her kitchen up!! so she left it to clutter mine. Which i dont mind her doing because it actually makes very nicely golden browned Pancakes.



Mels Pancakes
By Mel
My own recipe
Mine that im going to share,


makes 6 so obviously i double it!!

1 1/12 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarb
1 tbs sugar
1 heaped tbs butter melted
1 cup of milk or butter milk'
(or i normally use 1/4 cup milk powder mixed into the dry ingredients and a cup of water)
1 egg

Mix all dry ingredients together, add the wet and mix. Now if you like thinner pancakes add more milk if you like them thick and fluffy add less liquid if you like them perfect follow my recipe!!.
I frequently add blueberries, bananas, rasberries to the batter mmmm choc chips!! I also let the batter sit and rest while the pan is heating up.

No comments: