Sunday, November 11, 2007

The cake



It had been raining for a few days and I can't walk very well at the moment, and I was very stuck for something to do with the kids. Jackson and I saw Martha Stewart make a huge devils food cake on TV I quickly wrote down the recipe and we all made it. This is the end result of the cake the kids made from scratch, Jackson read out the recipe while Charna and Kealin measured and stirred. Jackson also lined the tins and did things that the "little ones" couldn't do. It was fun. We let it cool and then I thought the easiest way to ice it would be with chocolate whipped cream also made by the kids. Kealin would lick the spoon and then keep spreading, Charna was trying to be perfect and Jackson just slaped it on. Later that night we invited our friends form up the road to have some. They loved it. As I was writting out the recipe later that night in my book I realized that That we missed a few ingredients , Oh well no one knew. It was great. Thats milo an the top if your all confused!!

No comments: