Friday, January 14, 2011

Gadgets

 Gadgets gadgets everywhere!. So for christmas this year my mother was kind enough to get me this Belgian waffle maker. I already have a waffle maker, but it only makes one at a time and there are 5 hungry growing kids in my house. So i gues my mother felt sorry for me having to slave away over a one waffle at a time waffle maker. But i tell you what......I love my mother. This is waffle machine makes 4 think and luscious waffles at a time, and is up there with my most favourite things in the kitchen to use list, the only thing that is above it is my Kitchen aid. Why?,  i hear you asking there only waffles!. Well now come over and ill make yo a batch and you will know what i mean. Im going to make a waffle Machine carry bag so i can take this thing anywhere i go. Crazy no way i just love waffles!

I triple the batch every time beating the eggs whites and everything. The left overs i freeze and the kids can take them out as they please and toast them for breaky.

 So up untill Christmas day 2010 i had one of those gadgets that are a blender and processor in one kind of deal. Yes i scored again and got a flash new processor from santa. (santa must have felt sorry for me too because my old one had a crack in it and i couldnt do anything liquidy). So that left us with this big ol machine with only one thing on it that i needed (the blender). So i went out and bought a new blender. In summer time my family love making smoothies and shakes. Look at the colour of these beauties!! imagine something that vibrant in colour growing from our earth. It can only be good for you.

Corona smoothie

1/2 cup frozen berries (mixed berries in this case you could use mango we often do)
1/2 a banana (freeze those too already peeled and halved)
1/2-1 cup of low fat milk
1 heaping tbls of yogurt

serves 1
 Smoothies and waffles oh my life just couldn't get any better!
This is my new flashy food processor. It comes with all sorts of fancy attachments. See them all there in the back? Well Dean was watching Jamie Oliver the other night and was inspired to make this dish. Dean said that Jamie said  : ) to use a processor if you have one, because whats the point of having it if you don't use it! (in reality i use mine ALOT) but i indulged dean and pulled it out. Recipe - Smashed carrots. So i peeled my carrots and fed them trough the processor with the slice attachment. MAN it was FUN!! quick too no sore fingers. Then dean put them in a pot with only a couple of tbls of water and boiled them quite high for about 10 mins.he added butter, thyme, and pepper. Then when they were tender he smashed them quite chunky. We ate them with rice and plum sauce chicken. Yes home made plum sauce i made last year at about this time!

No comments: